The following is a running list of Giants players who have been cut by the team obtained via various media reports, league sources, and player tweets.
Be sure to check back throughout the day as we’ll keep this list updated. The official announcement by the team is expected around 4 p.m. ET.
- DE Israel Idonije (PFT)
- DT Kelcy Quarles (tweets he’s headed to the practice squad)
- TE Kellen Davis (PFT)
- FB John Conner (league source)
- LB Dan Fox (league source)
- CB Bennett Jackson (Star Ledger)
- OL Jamaal Johnson-Webb (Daily News)
- QB Curtis Painter (NJ.com)
- OL Eric Herman (suspended)
- CB Jayron Hosley (suspended)
- WR Mario Manningham (IR per Yahoo)
- WR Trindon Holliday (IR per Yahoo)
- OL Adam Gress (Daily News)
- DE Jordan Stanton (Star-Ledger)
- RB Kendall Gaskins (Daily News)
- S Thomas Gordon (NJ.com)
- CB Chandler Fenner (Daily News)
- WR Julian Talley (Daily News)
- RB Michael Cox (Daily News)
Note: LB Jon Beason has been activated from the PUP list per an ESPN report.
East Rutherford, N.J. – Kicker Josh Brown proved to be a winner all around for the New York Giants, as fresh off his winning the New York Giants’ place-kicker job over Brandon McManus, Brown converted a 37-yard field goal with 38 seconds left to give the Giants a 16-13 win over the New England Patriots, a win which topped New York’s perfect preseason.