Giants 2013 Pro Bowl Voting Update
Here’s a quick rundown of how the Giants are doing in the 2013 Pro Bowl fan balloting process as of yesterday, when the initial numbers were released by the league:
- Quarterback Eli Manning is in fifth place, behind Green Bay’s Aaron Rogers, Atlanta’s Matt Ryan, New Orleans’ Drew Brees, and Washington’s Robert Griffin III.
- Receiver Victor Cruz holds the top spot in the NFC fan voting. Cruz also has the eight most fan votes in both the NFC and AFC out of all the positions, and has the fourth most votes among all positions in the NFC.
- Fullback Henry Hynoski is third, behind Green Bay’s John Kuhn and Carolina’s Mike Tolbert.
- Guard Chris Snee is third, behind San Francisco’s Mike Iupati and Atlanta’s Justin Blalock.
- Center David Baas is second, behind Green Bay’s Jeff Saturday.
- Defensive end Jason Pierre-Paul is second, behind Minnesota’s Jared Allen.
- Free safety Antrel Rolle is fifth behind Tampa Bay’s Ronde Barber, Atlanta’s Thomas DeCoud, Green Bay’s Morgan Burnett, and Seattle’s Earl Thomas.
- Kicker Lawrence Tynes is second, behind San Francisco’s David Akers.
The fan ballot, which counts for one-third of the process, will close on Monday, December 17 following the conclusion of Monday Night Football. The players and coaches will vote on Dec. 20-21 and the two 43-man teams will be announced at 7:00 pm ET Wednesday, December 26 on NFL Network’s “Total Access.”