Recap: Seattle Seahawks 24, New York Giants 7

Russell Wilson threw for 334 yards and three touchdowns, and the Seattle Seahawks scored 24 unanswered points in a 24-7 victory over the reeling New York Giants on Sunday afternoon at MetLife Stadium.

Following a shocking win at Denver last Sunday night, the Giants (1-6) looked to build momentum going into their bye next week, but despite a slim halftime lead, they only created more frustration and heartbreak.

Short drives and careless mistakes dominated the afternoon, leading to a final tally of 177 yards of offense. The cameos led to an exhausted defense, which came back to haunt the Giants later in the game.

Before they wore down, the defense was able to produce some highlights, including one that led to the Giants’ only score of the game. After yet another three-and-out, rookie defensive end Avery Moss forced a Thomas Rawls fumble, one that was picked up by Landon Collins.

The safety took it all the way to the Seattle 17, and in a shocking display of offense competence, the Giants took just two plays to score, as quarterback Eli Manning found tight end Evan Engram for the rookie’s third touchdown of the season.

Previously, the Giants were able to stop a Seattle drive that lasted nearly nine minutes with a goal line stand, while safety Nat Berhe picked up his first career sack. They would allow only a Blair Walsh field goal in the first 30 minutes.

That’s pretty much where the positives ended for New York.

After more offensive brevity, the Seahawks (4-2) finally went on to capitalize, taking advantage of an exhausted Giants defense. They too were brief, needing just 77 seconds, but their quickness ended in points, as Wilson found Doug Baldwin for a 22-yard score that gave Seattle the lead for good.

The game briefly reverted back to a defensive struggle, the most notable offensive occurrence being a missed Aldrick Rosas field goal for the Giants, but Seattle ended that period with a Manning fumble forced by defensive tackle Jarran Reed. Recovered by defensive end Frank Clark, Seattle instantly put the ball back in the end zone, when a tangle-up between Collins and receiver Paul Richardson generated on-field controversy.

Ruled a touchdown on the field, the Giants went through several agonizing minutes of a review, which kept the original ruling and gave Seattle an insurmountable 17-7 lead.

As MetLife Stadium slowly transformed into CenturyLink Field, complete with chants of “Sea-Hawks!”, the Giants ran out the clock with pathetic offensive displays, and Seattle added a touchdown for show, on a one-yard Wilson pass to Jimmy Graham for a score.

Manning ended a brutal day with 134 yards and the lone score, while the Giants run game was held to a mere 46 yards after averaging 150 over the past two games. Engram led the team with 60 yards on six receptions. Linebacker Keenan Robinson paced the team with nine tackles.

Following their bye week, the Giants will remain at MetLife Stadium to take on the Los Angeles Rams.